Top Global University Project
MEXT Scholarship (Top Global University Project)
About the Scholarship
This scholarship was established at APU after the university was selected
for MEXT’s Top Global University Project (SGU).
Universities selected for this project can provide this scholarship to outstanding international students with excellent academic performance. The scholarship also aims to enhance the international competitiveness of Japanese universities.
- 1.Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2.Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1985
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- April 2020 Enrollment: August 1, 2019 (Thu) - September 24, 2019 (Tue)
- September 2020 Enrollment: August 1, 2019 (Thu) - November 19, 2019 (Tue)
Application and Selection Process
Please apply for this scholarship at the same time that you apply to APU.
In order to apply, you must submit all the APU application documents, as well as the Eligibility Criteria Checklist, before the application deadline.
- APU will recommend outstanding eligible candidates to MEXT for this scholarship after receiving their documents. Final decisions regarding scholarship awards will be made by MEXT. Results will be announced on November 11, 2019 (Mon) for April 2020 Enrollment, and on January 20, 2020 (Mon) for September 2020 Enrollment.
- The process for applying to the master's program is as follows:
- 1. Submit the Online Application (including PDF versions of the required hard copy application documents)
- 2. Pay the application fee
- 3. Send hard copies of all required application documents to APU by post
- 4. Submit the online video interview