Admitted Applicants

Congratulations on being accepted to APU! Here are the general steps for enrollment.

Enrollment Procedures

1 Enrollment Procedure 1 ▼

Enrollment Procedure 1

Please pay your Admission Fee by the deadline to complete Enrollment Procedure 1.

Admission Fee:

2 Enrollment Procedure 2 ▼

Enrollment Procedure 2

Please pay your tuition, comprehensive renters’ insurance and AP House entrance fee (and others if applicable) by the deadline to complete Enrollment Procedure 2.

Partial Tuition:
*Amount due depends on scholarship
Comprehensive Renters' Insurance:
16,210JPY - First year enrollee
12,370JPY - Second year transfer
8,540JPY - Third year transfer
AP House Entrance Fee:
228,000JPY - April Enrollment
203,500JPY - September Enrollment
Advance Payment of Fees:
applicable enrollees need to pay the whole tuition and other fees for their first year of study in order to complete Enrollment Procedure 2.

3 Document Submission ▼

Document Submission

Please submit all necessary documents by the deadline.

Once Enrollment Procedures 1 and 2 have been completed and all necessary documents have been received by APU, the process to obtain a student visa will begin.

4 Student Visa ▼

Student Visa
  • For those living outside Japan who need to obtain a student visa, once you have obtained all necessary documents, including the Certificate of Eligibility and Notification of Admission Approval, please apply for a student visa at a Japanese embassy/consulate near you.
  • For those living in Japan and who already possess a student visa, please change your address and/or renew your visa as necessary.

5 Arriving at APU ▼

Arriving at APU

Please confirm your travel itinerary to Japan and apply for Arrival Assistance using the request form. (See link under "Additional Information" below.)

Period of Arrival Assistance:

  • 2019 April Enrollment: March 22, (Fri) - 23, 2019 (Sat)
  • 2019 September Enrollment: September 13, (Fri) - 15, 2019 (Sun)

    Time: 10:00 - 19:00*

    *Please plan to arrive at AP House within the above time frame.
    If you will not be able to reach AP House by 19:00 on the arrival assistance day, please come after 10:00am the following day. It is not possible to move into AP House before 10:00 or after 19:00.

6 Enrollment/Orientation ▼


Please attend important orientation events including language placement tests, course registration, scholarship guidance sessions, etc. The schedule is as follows:

  • 2019 April Enrollment:
    Entrance Ceremony: April 1, 2019 (Mon)
    Orientation: Spring 2019 Schedule
  • 2019 September Enrollment:
    Entrance Ceremony: September 20, 2019 (Fri)
    Orientation: Fall 2019 Schedule

Additional Information