Tuition and Fees
Enrollment Procedure Fees
To enroll at APU, payment of the Admission Fee, Partial Tuition for Semester 1, AP House Entrance Fee, Comprehensive Renters, Insurance and Advance Payment of Fees (if applicable) is necessary. Please ensure you have sufficient financial means before application. For admitted applicants, the invoice for the enrollment procedure fees will be sent along with the application result. Prospective enrollees must pay the fees stated in the invoice before the payment deadlines in order to enroll at the university.
- * The admission fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- * Internal applicants are not required to pay the admission fee.
Tuition (until completion of the program)
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Master's) 2,800,000 JPY
- Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Doctoral) 4,200,000 JPY
- Graduate School of Management (MBA) 3,600,000 JPY
- *In addition to the above GSA tuition fees, IMAT students must pay a program fee of 200,000 JPY per year. There are also administration fees of approximately 172 euros (amount subject to change) per semester during the third and fourth semesters to Trier University of Applied Sciences, Environmental-Campus Birkenfeld.
- * The tuition fee for each individual varies according to the awarded amount of APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship.
- *Tuition fees may be subject to change.
Comprehensive Renters' Insurance Fee
- Master's Program 8,540 JPY （IMAT Program 4,710 JPY）
- Doctoral Program 12,380 JPY
In case of accidents arising to compensations, all international students are to join the insurance program designated by the university. Please refer to the issued "Guide to Comprehensive Renters' Insurance for International Students Studying in Japan" sent together with your application result.
AP House Entrance Fee
- April Enrollment 229,000 JPY
- September Enrollment 204,500 JPY
- ※ From 2017 onwards, the residence designated for graduate students is AP House 4 which is located off-campus in downtown Beppu.
Required Fees Before Moving in
|April Enrollment||September Enrollment|
|Moving in Fee (*1)||33,000 JPY||33,000 JPY|
|Security Deposit (*2)||98,000 JPY||98,000 JPY|
|Rent (*3)||98,000 JPY||73,500 JPY|
|Total||229,000 JPY||204,500 JPY|
- *1The moving in fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- *2The security deposit serves as a guarantee. In case of non-payment of AP House fees, or any damage done to the room during the period of stay, charges will be deducted from the security deposit, and the remaining amount will be returned upon moving out of the dormitory.
- *3April enrollees are required to pay 2 months rent in advance (April and May). September enrollees are required to pay 1.5 months rent in advance (From mid-September to end of October).
Advance Payment of Fees (ONLY for applicable students)
APU has a system that requires applicable students intending to enter APU to pay the
full amount of their tuition for their first year in addition to other enrollment fees.
Click HERE for details