Tuition and Fees (2021)
Tuition payments are semester-based and comprise of a fixed tuition (referred to as Tuition A) and a tuition that varies based on the semester a student enrolls (referred to as Tuition B). Tuition B will be calculated based on the overall annual tuition of the current semester a student is in. Tuition for each individual differs according to the awarded APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship percentage.
(1st and 2nd Semester)
(3rd and 4th Semester)
(5th and 6th Semester)
(7th and 8th Semester)
|Standard Credit Model||28||32||32||32|
|Annual Tuition||1,300,000 JPY||1,500,000 JPY||1,500,000 JPY||1,500,000 JPY|
Enrollment Procedure Fees
To enroll at APU, payment of the Admission Fee, Partial Tuition for Semester 1, AP House Entrance Fee, Comprehensive Renters, Insurance and Advanced Payment of Fees (if applicable) is necessary. Please ensure you have sufficient financial means before application. For admitted applicants, the invoice for the enrollment procedure fees will be sent along with the application result. Prospective enrollees must pay the fees stated in the invoice before the payment deadlines in order to enroll at the university.
- * This fee is required from all students, regardless of scholarship amount, and is not refundable under any circumstances.
Payment of Partial Tuition for Semester 1
Partial tuition for each individual varies according to the awarded APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship percentage.
|APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship Percentage||0%||30%||50%||65%||80%||100%|
|Partial Tuition Due Before Enrollment||380,000 JPY||266,000 JPY||190,000 JPY||133,000 JPY||76,000 JPY||0 JPY|
Comprehensive Renters' Insurance Fee
First Year Students 17,010 JPY
Second Year Transfer Students 13,010 JPY
Third Year Transfer Students 8,980 JPY
In case of accidents arising to compensations, all international students are to join the insurance program designated by the university. Please refer to the issued "Guide to Comprehensive Renters' Insurance for International Students Studying in Japan", which will be sent together with your final results for more details.
AP House Entrance Fee
April Enrollment 228,000 JPY
September Enrollment 203,500 JPY
* This fee is required from all students, regardless of scholarship amount.
To allow international students to adapt to life in Japan without any worries,
the university has set up the student dormitory, AP House, for multi-cultural exchange
and the learning of languages. New students are required to stay in AP House for their first year (approx. 11 months).
Breakdown of AP House Entrance Fee
|April Enrollees||September Enrollees|
|Moving in Fee (*1)||32,000 JPY||32,000 JPY|
|Security Deposit (*2)||98,000 JPY||98,000 JPY|
|Rent (*3)||98,000 JPY||73,500 JPY|
|Total||228,000 JPY||203,500 JPY|
- *1 The moving-in fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- *2 The security deposit serves as a guarantee. In case of non-payment of AP House fees, or any damages done to the room during the period of stay, charges will be deducted from the security deposit, and the remaining amount will be returned upon moving out of the dormitory.
- *3 The monthly rent of AP House is 49,000 JPY (including rent, utilities and bedding rental). April enrollees are required to pay 2 months rent in advance (April and May). September enrollees are required to pay 1.5 months rent in advance (From mid-September to end of October).