Tuition and Fees
Tuition payments are semester-based and comprise of a fixed tuition (referred to as Tuition A) and tuition per course credit (referred to as Tuition B). Tuition A is 370,000 JPY while Tuition B is 21,000 JPY per registered course credit. Generally, students need to earn at least 124 academic credits over four years to graduate from APU. The annual tuition stated above is calculated using a standard credit model of 28 credits for the first year and 32 credits for the second, third and fourth year, respectively. Tuition for each individual differs according to the awarded APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship percentage.
|First Year||Second Year||Third Year||Fourth Year|
|Standard Credit Model||28||32||32||32|
|Tuition||1,328,000 JPY||1,412,000 JPY||1,412,000 JPY||1,412,000 JPY|
Enrollment Procedure Fees
To enroll at APU, payment of the Admission Fee, Partial Tuition for Semester 1, AP House Entrance Fee, Comprehensive Renters, Insurance and Advanced Payment of Fees (if applicable) is necessary. Please ensure you have sufficient financial means before application. For admitted applicants, the invoice for the enrollment procedure fees will be sent along with the application result. Prospective enrollees must pay the fees stated in the invoice before the payment deadlines in order to enroll at the university.
- * This fee is required from all students, regardless of scholarship amount, and is not refundable under any circumstances.
Payment of Partitial Tuition for Semester 1
|APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship Percentage||0%||30%||50%||65%||80%||100%|
|Partial Tuition Due Before Enrollment||370,000 JPY||259,000 JPY||185,000 JPY||129,500 JPY||74,000 JPY||0 JPY|
- * Partial tuition for each individual varies according to the awarded APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship percentage.
Comprehensive Renters' Insurance Fee
First Year Students 16,200 JPY
Second Year Transfer Students 12,380 JPY
Third Year Transfer Students 8,540 JPY
In case of accidents arising to compensations, all international students are to join the insurance program designated by the university.
Please refer to the issued "Guide to Comprehensive Renters' Insurance for International Students Studying in Japan", sent together with your application result.
AP House Entrance Fee
April Enrollment 188,000 JPY
September Enrollment 168,500 JPY
To allow international students to adapt to life in Japan without any worries, the university has set up the student dormitory, AP House, for multi-cultural exchange and the learning of languages.
* This fee is required from all students, regardless of scholarship amount.
* First-year students are required to stay in AP House for their first year of studies (approx. 11 months).
Breakdown of AP House Entrance Fee
|April Enrollees||September Enrollees|
|Moving in Fee (*1)||32,000 JPY||32,000 JPY|
|Security Deposit (*2)||78,000 JPY||78,000 JPY|
|Rent (*3)||78,000 JPY||58,500 JPY|
- *1 The moving-in fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- *2 The security deposit serves as a guarantee. In case of non-payment of AP House fees, or any damages done to the room during the period of stay, charges will be deducted from the security deposit, and the remaining amount will be returned upon moving out of the dormitory.
- *3 The monthly rent of AP House for students who will obtain the "Student" visa (as described in the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act) is 39,000 JPY (including rent, utilities and bedding rental). For international students who will possess other types of visa, the monthly rent for AP House is 49,000 JPY. April enrollees are required to pay 2 months rent in advance (April and May). September enrollees are required to pay 1.5 months rent in advance (From mid-September to end of October).
Advance Payment of Fees (Only required for certain nationalities)
Please check this page for more details.