The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship "Dream Come True Project" (Nikkei Scholarship)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first be recommended by an overseas Japanese descendant organization and apply to the Nikkei Scholarship directly. Applicants must then apply to APU afterwards.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship project aims to provide opportunities to study in Japan for young Japanese descendants having definite plans and dreams of promoting understanding between their country of residence and Japan as well as contributing to the development of their country of residence and local communities.
- 1. Be a Japanese descendant (regardless of nationality, educational background or previous visits to Japan)
- 2. Be a national of a Central or South American country (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, etc.)
- 3. Be between 18 to 35 years old
- 4. Be recommended by an overseas Japanese descendant organization
- 5. Have a dream of acquiring technical knowledge and, after returning home, playing an active role in your country of residence and local community
- 6. Have a dream of working as a bridge between your country of residence and Japan by making the most of your overseas study experience
- 7. Be willing to participate in international student volunteer activities and social action programs
- 8. Intend to enroll at APU in April or September 2024
- Full admission fee
- Full tuition
- 130,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Up to 50,000 JPY per month for housing expenses
- Up to 200,000 JPY for key money
- Expenses for group workshops and participation fees for academic conferences
- Additional living expenses (student commuter pass, medical insurance premiums, etc.)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
- 1.Submit the Nikkei Scholarship application by mid-July 2023 (please refer to the scholarship program website for details regarding the required application documents and deadlines).
- 2.If you submitted an application for this scholarship, contact APU by the end of August 2023. APU will inform you regarding the application process and the schedule for up until you receive the Letter of Enrollment Approval (Certificate of Expected Enrollment).
- 3. Pass the document screening in early August
- 4. Attend an interview with the Nikkei Scholarship in September/October 2023
- 5. The final scholarship award results are announced by the Nikkei Scholarship in late October
Please be sure to check the website below to see if there are any additional changes from last year.