LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND QUALIFYING ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AT APU (2022 INTAKE)
APU Students are eligible to receive a number of scholarships through organizations outside of APU. Each Scholarships has different eligibility requirements and application procedures, so please be sure to review the information on each scholarship organization’s website before applying.*This table can be scrolled to the right.
|Scholarship||GSA (Doctoral Program)||GSA (Master's)||GSA (IMAT)||GSM (MBA)||Application Process|
|MEXT (SGU)||✔||✔||×||✔||Apply to APU|
|MEXT (UR)||✔||✔||×||✔||Apply to APU|
|ADB-JSP||×||✔||×||×||Apply to APU|
|AfDB-JADS||×||✔||×||✔||Apply to APU|
|Nikkei Leader Scholarship||✔||✔||×||×||1) Apply to APU
2) Apply to organization
|Nikkei Scholarship||✔||✔||×||✔||1) Apply to organization
2) Apply to APU
|MEXT (Embassy)||✔||✔||×||✔||1) Apply to organization
2) Apply to APU
|FUNED Scholarship||×||✔||×||✔||1) Apply to APU
2) Apply to organization
- MEXT (SGU): Japanese Government (MEXT) Top Global University Project (SGU) Scholarship
- MEXT (UR): Japanese Government (MEXT) University Recommendation Scholarship
- ADB-JSP: Asian Development Bank - Japan Scholarship Program
- AfDB-JADS: African Development Bank - Japan Africa Dream Scholarship
- Nikkei Leader Scholarship: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) Scholarship for Nikkei Communities in Latin America and the Caribbean: Program for Developing Leaders in Nikkei Communities
- Nikkei Scholarship: The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship “Dream Come True Project”
- MEXT (Embassy): Japanese Government (MEXT) Embassy Recommendation Scholarship
- FUNED: FUNDACION MEXICANA PARA LA EDUCACION, LA TECNOLOGIA y LA CIENCIA, A.C.
Notes for All External Scholarships
- 1.Due to the time required to create a bank account and arrival procedures, students will not receive the first installment of living expenses until at least one month after arriving in Japan. Scholarship recipients are therefore advised to bring at least 100,000 JPY along with them to Japan to cover initial expenses.
- 2.If the applicant cannot arrive in Japan during the set arrival period, travel expenses to Japan will not be paid to applicants expected to receive them. Furthermore, if the arrival is delayed for a considerable period of time, the scholarship may be revoked.
- 3.Those who have or will receive scholarships from other institutions, including their own government, will not be selected for these scholarships.
- 4.Any false statements made in the application documents could be grounds for revoking a grantee’s scholarship at a later date.
- 5.Some of the application guidelines for these scholarships have not yet been announced, so there may be changes to the eligibility requirements and/or scholarship awards. In addition, detailed rules and conditions that applicants must comply with to receive the scholarship are available on each organization’s website. Please be sure to confirm the regulations before applying.
- 6.Applicants are not allowed to apply for multiple external scholarships in the same enrollment period.
- 7.If you would like to apply for both the Nikkei Leader Scholarship and the Nikkei Scholarship, please consult with both scholarship organizations before applying to APU.
ADDITIONAL EXTERNAL SCHOLARSHIPS
APU also accepts graduate students on scholarship programs from other organizations. Please refer to their websites for details regarding eligibilities and application procedures.
EXTERNAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE AFTER ENROLLING AT APU
Reservation Program for the Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students by Pre-arrival Admission (JASSO Scholarship)
Please refer to this page for more information.
The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (Sylff)
Starting in 2021, this scholarship will be available to students after they enroll in APU’s graduate programs. Details will be provided after enrollment.
Other Scholarships Available After Enrollment
Other external scholarships may also be available to students after beginning their studies at APU. If eligible, students can apply for these scholarships through APU’s Student Office on campus. Further information about scholarships available after enrollment can be found on our official website.
Please note that some of the scholarships listed on the website are only available for undergraduate students and that scholarship details may be provided only in Japanese.
Scholarships available to international students for studying in Japan are also listed on the following website:
Independent Administrative Institution Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
Plesase refer to the following pages for more information.