Overseas applicants to APU Graduate Schools who meet certain criteria can apply for the scholarships listed below. Please read the information contained in this page carefully and apply for the appropriate scholarship(s). This page should be read in addition to the Admissions Handbook for APU Graduate Schools.
List of Scholarships and Qualifying Academic Programs at APU (2019 intake)
- MEXT Scholarship (Top Global University Project)
- JJ/WBGSP = Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- ADB-JSP = Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program
(Top Global University)
|APS||International Relations (IR)||○||○||○|
|Society and Culture (SC)||○||○||○|
|ICP||International Public Administration (IPA)||○||○||○|
|Public Health Management (PHM)||○||○||○|
|Sustainability Science (SS)||○||○||○|
|Dual Master's Degree Program in International Material Flow Management(IMAT)||×||×||×|
|Tourism and Hospitality (TH)||○||○||○|
|Development Economics (DE)||○||○||○|
Japanese Management (JM)
Marketing and Management (MM)
Accounting and Finance (AF)
Innovation and Operations Management (IOM)
|Doctoral Program||Asia Pacific Studies||×||×||×|
- * Note: Each applicant may choose only one Academic Program. Applicants may not choose multiple programs in order to increase the number of scholarships they qualify for.
- Before you submit:
- 1. Read the Application Handbook.
Submit the following documents and complete the application fee payment.
- a. APU's Graduate Application Form for 2019 Enrollment
- b. Additional required documents listed for each scholarship
- 3. Complete online application form to JJ/WBGSP (World Bank Scholarship ONLY).
- After you submit:
- 1. Applicants who are selected by APU will be recommended to the appropriate scholarship organizations.
- 2. Final decisions regarding scholarship awards will be made by the scholarship organizations. Applicants who are not awarded an external scholarship will be considered for the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship instead if they submit the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship Application Essay at the time of application.
Eligibility Requirements for All External Scholarship Applicants
Please refer to the Application Handbook together with each organizations' Eligibility Requirements.
The fee amount is 3,500 JPY for credit card payments and 5,000 JPY for bank transfers. See the Admissions Handbook for payment instructions. The fee must be paid by the application deadline. Unpaid applications will not be screened. It is preferred that you pay the application fee by credit card. You may pay by bank transfer ONLY if you cannot pay by credit card. If you are applying through a third party such as an embassy, employer, or university, please make sure there is an understanding of who will pay the fee. The fee must be received for each applicant, regardless of the organization which is recommending them to APU.
- Applications will not be accepted by FAX , E-mail, or through the APU online application system under any circumstances. Applicants should completely fill out the enclosed application materials and post them directly to APU along with the required documents according to the Appliaction Handbook.
- Due to the time required to create a bank account and complete regular procedure after arrival in Japan, the first installment of the allowance will not be received until at least one month after arrival in Japan. Therefore, recipients are advised to bring at least 150,000 yen along with them to Japan to cover initial housing fees and living expenses.
- If the applicant cannot arrive in Japan in the set period, travel expenses to Japan will not be paid. Furthermore, if the arrival of the grantee is delayed for a considerable period of time, he/she may lose the right to receive the scholarship.
- Those who will receive scholarships from other institutions (including their own government) during the time to be enrolled at APU will not be selected.
- Any false statements made in the application documents could be grounds for deprival of a grantee's scholarship later.
- The 2019 scholarship application guidelines have not yet been announced so there may be changes to the eligibility requirements and/or scholarship award.
Other External Scholarships for 2019
- The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (Sylff)
- MEXT Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation)
- Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship (JDS)
- The Project for the Promotion and Enhancement of the Afghan Capacity for Effective Development (PEACE)
- JICA Scholarship for Japanese Immigrants and Their Descendants in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship "Dreams Come True Project"
- Professional Human Resources Development Project IV (PHRDPIV)
- Japanese Initiative for the Future of Syrian Refugees (JISR)