MEXT Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation)
MEXT Scholarship (Embassy Recommendation) for 2019
It is possible to apply for the Japanese Government (Monbukagakusho:MEXT) scholarship through the Japanese embassy in the applicant's home country. In this case, the applicant first applies to the embassy and then contacts APU after screening by the embassy has yielded a positive result. Most embassies accept applications around April, but please contact the relevant embassy to confirm their application procedure. Enrollment would be in either spring or fall of the following year. Any of APU's graduate programs other than IMAT qualify for this scholarship. You can find more information on the MEXT website.
- 1. Contact to embassy for further information
- 2. Submission of application documents to embassy
- 3. First screening result
- 4. Second screening result
Submission of required documents by Email to APU Admissions Office at: email@example.com
Required documents are as follows:
- Copies of all documents submitted to the embassy
- Copy of the embassy's screening result
- Personal statement (instructions are in the APU Application Form*)
- Graduate School Application Form, pages 1, 2, and 5 (instructions are in the APU Application Form*)
- 6. Receive "Letter of Acceptance" from APU
- 7. Forward "Letter of Acceptance" to embassy
- 8. Final Decision
- 9. Enrollment Procedure
*You can download the APU Application Form here.
- Major Field of Study :
- The program chosen should be related to the field that the applicant studied at the previous university, or related to the applicant's professional experience.
- Nationality :
- Applicant must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. This applies at such times to stateless persons, too. Applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible.
- Academic Background :
- Applicants must be a Bachelor Degree holder with 16 years of formal education. Undergraduates who are in the final year at their respective universities are eligible to apply.
- Age :
- Born on or after April 2, 1984.
- * Please contact the relevant embassy for more information.
- Full Application Fee
- Full Admission Fee
- Full Tuition
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the the beginning and end of the study program