Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
The ADB-JSP Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) developing member countries to pursue graduate studies in development-related fields of the Asia Pacific region. APU was selected as a designated institution by ADB in 2010 and will provide this scholarship each year to a few eligible GSA applicants (excluding IMAT program applicants).
- 1. Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country
- 2. Not be currently living or working outside of your home country
- 3. Have at least two years of full-time work experience after obtaining a bachelor’s degree at the time of application
- 4. Be 35 years old or less at the time of application
- 5. Not already be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- 6. Not be an executive director, alternate director, management or staff of ADB, nor a consultant or relative of the aforementioned
- 7. Agree to return to your home country after completion of studies under the program
- 8. Intend to enroll at APU in September 2021
- Please refer to the Asian Development Bank website for the latest country list.
- Please also refer to the Asian Development Bank website for any frequently asked questions.
- Applicants who have not previously studied abroad and/or are not pursuing a second master’s degree will be given preference during the selection process.
- Full admission fee
- Full tuition
- 144,000 JPY/month for living expenses (amount may be subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
Request to be considered for this scholarship within the APU online application and submit the application
by February 24, 2021. Along with their application, applicants must upload the following documents:
a. Certificate(s) of employment showing at least two years of work experience acquired after receiving a bachelor’s degree
b. Abstract of a previously written thesis or an example of previous written work and/or list of research achievements to date
c. Latest income tax return or proof of annual/monthly salary
d. Certification of family income (including the income of the applicant’s parents or spouse)
e. ADB-JSP application form
- 2. APU reviews application documents and selects suitable candidates to recommend to the ADB-JSP.
- 3. Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4. The final scholarship award results are decided by ADB-JSP.