Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
The ADB-JSP Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) developing member countries to pursue graduate studies in development-related fields of the Asia Pacific region. APU was selected as a designated institution by ADB in 2010 and will provide this scholarship each year to a few eligible GSA applicants (excluding IMAT program applicants).
- 1. Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and a Japanese Official Development Assistance scholarship eligible country
- 2. Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country
- 3. Not be currently living or working outside of your home country
- 4. Have at least two years of full-time work experience after obtaining a bachelor’s degree at the time of application
- 5. Be 35 years old or less at the time of application
- 6. Not already be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- 7. In principle, not have a bachelor’s or master’s degree obtained outside of your home country
- 8. Not be pursuing a second master’s degree
- 9. Not be an executive director, alternate director, management or staff of ADB, nor a consultant or relative of the aforementioned
- 10.Not be a Staff of ADB–JSP designated institutions
- 11. Commit to return to, and work in, your home country after completion of the studies for a period of at least two (2) years after completion of the studies
- 12.Applicant’s family income should not exceed US$50,000 per year, and individual income should not be more than US$25,000 per year. Applicant must submit Certificate of Income if selected as a scholarship candidate.
- 13.Intend to enroll at APU in September 2023
- Please refer to the Asian Development Bank website for the latest country list.
- Please also refer to the Asian Development Bank website for any frequently asked questions.
- Full admission fee
- Full tuition
- 144,000 JPY/month for living expenses (subject to change)
- Study material and research allowance
- Medical insurance
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
- The initial scholarship period is one year. Extension for the second year will be considered based on the student's academic performance at APU.
Application and Selection Process
The application for 2022 enrollment has closed.
The application for 2023 enrollment starts in September 2022.