Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
The ADB-JSP Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) developing member countries to pursue graduate studies in development-related fields of the Asia Pacific region. APU was selected as a designated institution by ADB in 2010 and will provide this scholarship each year to a few eligible GSA applicants (excluding IMAT program applicants).
- 1. Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country and a Japanese Official Development Assistance scholarship eligible country
- 2. Not be currently living or working outside of your home country
- 3. Have at least two years of full-time work experience after obtaining a bachelor’s degree at the time of application
- 4. Be 35 years old or less at the time of application. For programs that are available to senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old
- 5. Not already be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- 6. Not have a bachelor's or master's degree obtained outside of your home country
- 7. Not be pursuing a second master’s degree
- 8. Not be an executive director, alternate director, management or staff of ADB, nor a consultant or relative of the aforementioned
- 9. Not be a Staff of ADB–JSP designated institutions
- 10. Agree to return to your home country after completion of studies under the program
- 11. Intend to enroll at APU in September 2022
- Please refer to the Asian Development Bank website for the latest country list.
- Please also refer to the Asian Development Bank website for any frequently asked questions.
- Full admission fee
- Full tuition
- 144,000 JPY/month for living expenses (amount may be subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
Request to be considered for this scholarship within the APU online application and submit the application
by November 17, 2021 or February 22, 2022 (for September 2022 enrollment). Along with their application, applicants must upload the following documents:
a. ADB-JSP application form
b. Certificate of Employment indicating annual salary/monthly salary (with company’s letterhead/logo and authorized signature). The certificate must state the following details:
Start and end date of employment;
1. January 2016 to December 2017
2. January 2016 to Present (if currently employed at the company)
(Note: if the current position is less than 2 years, also submit the Certificate of Employment from the previous company).
Annual or monthly salary
1. If shown in local currency, convert and submit in USD form. For converting, use the Income Conversion to USD Form
2. Computer-generated proof of income without an authorized signature is not acceptable
Parents’ Annual/Monthly Income if applicant is single
Spouse’s Annual/Monthly Income if applicant is married
If shown in local currency, convert and submit in USD form. For converting, use the Income Conversion to USD Form
If current status is unemployed, retired or dependent of deceased, an authenticated supporting document must be submitted (e.g. issued by the local government)
Computer-generated proof of income without an authorized signature is not acceptable.
- 2. APU reviews application documents and selects suitable candidates to recommend to the ADB-JSP.
- 3. Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4. The final scholarship award results are decided by ADB-JSP.