Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP)
The ADB-JSP Scholarship aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) developing member countries to pursue graduate studies in development-related fields of the Asia Pacific region. APU was selected as a designated institution by ADB in 2010 and will provide this scholarship each year to a few eligible GSA applicants (excluding IMAT program applicants).
- 1. Be a citizen of an ADB developing member country
- 2. Not be currently living or working outside of your home country
- 3. Have at least two years of full-time work experience after obtaining a bachelor’s degree
- 4. Be 35 years old or less
- 5. Have not previously studied abroad
- 6. Do not currently possess a master’s degree and will not obtain one prior to enrollment at APU
- 7. Not be an executive director, alternate director, management or staff of ADB, nor a consultant or relative of the aforementioned
- 8. Family income is not more than 50,000 USD per year, and your individual income is not more than 25,000 USD per year
- 9. Agree to work in your home country after completion of studies under the program
- 10. Not be applying for this scholarship at any other university
Please refer to the Asian Development Bank website for the latest country list.
- Full admission fee
- Full tuition
- 144,000 JPY/month for living expenses (amount may be subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the study program
- September 2019 Enrollment: August 1, 2018 (Wed) - February 27, 2019 (Wed)
Please apply for this scholarship at the same time that you apply to APU.
In order to apply, you must submit all the APU application documents, as well as the Eligibility Criteria Checklist and the additional required documents below, before the application deadline.
- The process for applying to the master's program is as follows:
- 1. Submit the Online Application (including PDF versions of the required hard copy application documents)
- 2. Pay the application fee
- 3. Send hard copies of all required application documents to APU by post
- 4. Submit the online video interview
Additional Required Documents1. Certificate(s) of employment showing at least two years of work experience acquired after receiving a bachelor’s degree
2. Abstract of a previously written thesis or an example of previous written work and/or list of research achievements to date
3. The applicant’s latest income tax return or proof of annual/monthly salary
4. Certification of family income (including the income of applicant’s parents or spouse)
5. ADB-JSP Information Sheet Form downloadable from:
http://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan ... ogram/procedures-applying