The Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students who participated in the Study in Japan Global Network Project (JASSO Study in Japan Scholarship)
JASSO Study in Japan Scholarship
APU will apply for this scholarship on behalf of international students once they are accepted to APU. Successful recipients of this scholarship will be informed after enrollment.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is awarded to privately financed international students with excellent academic and character records who have received pre-arrival admission to APU’s Graduate School and are facing financial difficulties. In addition, the student must have participated in an activity organized by Study in Japan Global Network Project prior to applying to APU.
Must have participated in any activities listed below organized by
Study in Japan Global
Network Project prior to finishing application to APU:
- Consultation with overseas study coordinators and network organizations.
- Participated in educations fairs (physical or online) organized by Study in Japan Global Network Project.
- Visited overseas network organization offices.
- 2. Must hold a nationality of a MEXT designated country, and does not have Japanese nationality
- 3.Must obtain a student visa to study in Japan before enrolling at APU.
- 4.Privately financed student
- 5.The average monthly remittance is 90,000 JPY or less (excluding expenses for admission fees and tuition, etc.)
- 6.(Applicable only if the dependent will reside in Japan) The annual income of the dependent must be less than five million yen
- April 2023 enrollment: 12 months
- September 2023 enrollment: 6 months
- Students must reside in Japan during their studies to receive the monthly allowance.
- Enrolled students are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Study in Japan Global Network Project
For information on overases Study in Japan Global Network Project in each regions, you can click on the links below for information:
48,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change) for the duration of 6–12 months.