Reservation Program for the Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately-Financed International Students by Pre-arrival Admission (JASSO Scholarship)
Applicants for this scholarship must request to be considered for JASSO Scholarship in their online application to APU. Successful recipients of this scholarship will be informed after enrollment.
About the Scholarship
JASSO Scholarship is awarded to privately-financed international students with excellent academic and character records who have received pre-arrival admission to a graduate school and are facing financial difficulties.
- 1. Does not have a Japanese nationality
- 2. Must obtain a student visa to study in Japan before enrolling at APU.
- 3. Intend to study in Japan from overseas, and currently do not have a long-term residence in Japan.
- 4. Privately financed student
- 5. The average monthly remittance is 90,000 JPY or less (excluding expenses for admissions fees and tuition, etc.).
- 6. (Applicable only if the dependent will reside in Japan) The annual income of the dependent must be less than five million yen.
- April 2023 enrollment: 12 months
- September 2023 enrollment: 6 months
- 1. Request to be considered for JASSO Scholarship in your APU online application.
- 2. Successful recipients of the scholarship will be informed after enrollment and their arrival to APU.
Award48,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
Students must reside in Japan during their studies to receive the monthly allowance.
The scholarship award period depends on the time of enrollment: