African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship
African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (AfDB-JADS)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to the scholarship organization directly. After receiving the primary screening results from AfDB-JADS, applicants must then submit their application to APU.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is open to applicants from African Development Bank member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related disciplines.
- 1. Be a national of an AfDB member country
- 2. Be 35 years old or less
- 3. Have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in the energy area (or related field) earned at least 1 years prior to the application deadline
- 4. Have 1 year or more of recent development-related experience after earning a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree)
- 5. Not be living or working outside of your home country
- 6. Not already be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- 7. Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term "close relative" defined as: other, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew
- 8. Agree to return to your home country to contribute to its economic and social development after completion of studies under the program
- Full tuition
- 125,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
- 1.Contact the AfDB-JADS for further information.
- 2.Submit application documents to the AfDB-JADS.
- 3.Submit the APU Graduate External Scholarship Application after receiving the primary screening results from the AfDB-JADS.
- 4.Submit your online assessment (including the online recorded interview and assessment tests).
- 5.APU reviews application documents and selects suitable candidates to recommend to the AfDB-JADS.
- 6.Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 7.The final scholarship award results are decided by AfDB-JADS.