African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship
African Development Bank-Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (AfDB-JADS)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship is open to applicants from African Development Bank member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related disciplines.
- 1. Be a national of an AfDB member country
- 2. Be 35 years old or less
- 3. Have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree)
- 4. Have at least 1 year of full-time working experience after earning a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree)
- 5. Not be living or working outside of your home country
- 6. Not already be enrolled in a graduate degree program
- 7. Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or staff of all types of appointments of the African Development Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term "close relative" defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew
- 8. Agree to return to your home country to contribute to its economic and social development after completion of studies under the program
- Full tuition
- 125,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
- 1.Request to be considered for this scholarship within the APU online application and submit the application by September 22, 2021 ( for April 2022 enrollment) or November 17, 2021 or February 22, 2022 (for September 2022 enrollment)
- 2.APU reviews application documents and selects suitable candidates to recommend to the AfDB-JADS.
- 3.Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- 4.The final scholarship award results are decided by AfDB-JADS.