To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
Yamaoka Scholarship Foundation was founded by Yanmar Co., Ltd, a major Japanese agricultural and construction equipment manufacturer, with a mission to support cultivating the necessary skills to contribute to the world peace and the development of society and culture. By providing equal opportunities to receive higher education, the foundation strives towards the realization of a society where people can work and live with peace of mind.
- 1.Eligible countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, East Timor, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Viet Nam, Uzbekistan
- 2.Strong intent to enroll at APU
- 3.Excellent personal and academic qualities, and in good health
- 4.In need of economic assistance: annual household income less than five million Japanese yen. (The household income will be checked by the university.)
- 5.In principle under 35 years old
- 6.If receiving a scholarship from another scholarship organization, the monthly amount must be less than 50,000 Japanese yen
- 7.Scholar must attend scholarship foundation activities
The scholarship provides a monthly stipend for the duration of time:
- Monthly stipend of 100,000 Japanese Yen (duration: two years)
Application and Selection Process
- 1. Request to be considered as a Yamaoka scholarship candidate in the APU Online Application System and submit the application to APU by November 15, 2023.
- 2. APU reviews application documents and selects suitable candidates to recommend to the Yamaoka Scholarship Foundation. Selected candidates must prepare additional documents to be submitted to the scholarship organization:
- • Application Form
- • Essay “My reasons for studying in Japan and future plans”. Length: 2000 words in English (A4 paper)
- • Letter of Intent to APU
- 3. Selected candidates will be requested to attend an interview (candidates residing in Japan may be requested to attend the interview in person)
- 4. Finals results decided by the scholarship organization are announced by mid-June.
Available for September enrollment only:
Yamaoka Scholarship Foundation (Japanese)