Scholarship for Foreign Students Studying in Japanese Graduate School (Honjo Scholarship)
To apply for Honjo Scholarship, the applicant must apply to both APU and directly to the scholarship organization.
The scholarship is available for all accepted applicants, both admitted and enrolled.
About the Scholarship
The Honjo Scholarship is open to international students who study or plan to study in APU's Graduate School for doctoral or master’s degree. Applications can be submitted from abroad as long as the applicant is accepted into APU's Graduate School. All nationalities and research fields are welcome. Applicants may directly apply to the foundation without pre-selection by APU.
- 1.Not have a Japanese citizenship
- 2.Must be currently an admitted applicant or in the process of applying to APU (both master’s and doctoral degree)
- 3.Conversational Japanese language proficiency
- 4.Master's applicants must start the master's program by the age of 30. / Doctoral applicants must start the doctoral program by the age of 35.
For details regarding eligibility requirements, please review the application guidelines on the scholarship organization website.
The scholarship will be provided every month throughout the minimum period required to acquire the degree.
The amount of scholarship depends based on the duration of the studies (amounts subject to change):
- 200,000 JPY per month for 1–2 years
- 180,000 JPY per month for 3 years
Application and Selection Process
- 1. Submit your application to APU by September 20, 2023
- 2. Apply directly the scholarship organization around September–October 2023
Application for April 2024 enrollment:
- 1. Submit your application to APU by January 17, 2024
- 2. Apply directly to the scholarship organization around April 2024
Application for September 2024 enrollment: