Top Global University Project
MEXT Scholarship (Top Global University Project)
To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must first apply to APU. APU will then select eligible candidates to recommend to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
This scholarship was established at APU after the university was selected
for the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) Top Global University Project (SGU).
Universities selected for this project can provide this scholarship to outstanding international students with excellent academic performance. The scholarship also aims to enhance the international competitiveness of Japanese universities.
- 1.Intend to study abroad in Japan
- 2.Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1985
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- April 2020 Enrollment: August 1, 2019 (Thu) - September 24, 2019 (Tue)
- September 2020 Enrollment: August 1, 2019 (Thu) - November 19, 2019 (Tue)
Application and Selection Process
- 1. Request to be considered for this scholarship within the APU online application and submit the application by September 24, 2019 (for April 2020 enrollment) or November 19, 2019 (for September 2020 enrollment). Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- 2. APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT
- 3. Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results
- 4. Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT (SGU) application documents to APU
- 5. The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT