Top Global University Project
MEXT Scholarship (Top Global University Project)
About the Scholarship
This scholarship was established at APU after the university was selected
for MEXT’s Top Global University Project (SGU).
Universities selected for this project can provide this scholarship to outstanding international students with excellent academic performance. The scholarship also aims to enhance the international competitiveness of Japanese universities.
- 1.Intend to study abroad in Japan from overseas
- 2.Not have Japanese nationality and be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
- 3.Be born on or after April 2, 1984
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- April 2019 Enrollment: August 1, 2018 (Wed) - September 26, 2018 (Wed)
- September 2019 Enrollment: August 1, 2018 (Wed) - November 28, 2018 (Wed)
Application and Selection Process
- Download the Eligibility Criteria Checklist from the APU Admissions website and submit it to APU along with all other documents during the application period.
- APU will recommend outstanding eligible candidates to MEXT for this scholarship after receiving their documents. Final decisions regarding scholarship awards will be made by MEXT. Results will be announced on November 5, 2018 (Mon) for April 2019 Enrollment, and on January 21, 2019 (Mon) for September 2019 Enrollment.