Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Overseas Candidate (Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship)
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, the applicant must apply to both APU and directly to the scholarship organization.
About the Scholarship
Rotary Yoneyama Scholarship for Overseas Candidate is for international students located outside Japan that are scheduled to enroll in APU’s Graduate School.
Both master’s and doctoral program applicants are welcome to apply.
The applicant must apply to both APU and the scholarship organization independently. Review the application and selection process thoroughly for both APU and the scholarship organization.
- 1.Must not hold Japanese nationality (dual nationality holders included)
- 2.Must obtain a student visa to enter Japan for the purpose of study
- 3.Residing outside Japan until the start of the program
- 4.Have not resided in Japan for longer than 31 days in total. If the stay exceeded 31 days, it was due to a family situation (only applicable if applicant had not completed compulsory education at the time), or the applicant was residing in Japan under the Rotary Youth Exchange high school program.
- 5.Japanese language proficiency at least equivalent to JLPT N4 or above
- 6.Born after April 2, 1979
- 7.Have not previously been a Rotary Yoneyama Scholar
For details regarding eligibility requirements and other obligations, please review the application guidelines on the scholarship organization website.
The scholarship provides a monthly stipend for the duration of time:
- Master’s students: 140,000 JPY per month for two years
- Doctoral students: 140,000 JPY per month for two years
In addition, economy air travel and other travel related expenses are reimbursed up to 250,000 JPY after arrival in Japan.
Application and Selection Process
- 1. Request to be considered as a Rotary Yoneyama scholarship candidate in the APU Online Application System and submit the application to APU by September 20, 2023.*
- 2. Apply directly to the scholarship organization around October 2023. Notify the scholarship organization that the Letter of Recommendation from the desired university will be issued after the application deadline.
- 3. APU provides a Letter of Recommendation for the selected scholarship candidates after the admissions results notification. The results from APU will be announced on November 8, 2023.
- 4. Submit the Letter of Recommendation to the scholarship organization.
Application for both April and September 2024 enrollment:
*If you have received a conditional selection from the Rotary Yoneyama scholarship organization but missed the application deadline to APU, please contact us.