2019 Academic and Cultural Experience (ACE) Program
Option① June 30, 2019 (Sun) – July 7, 2019 (Sun) (8 days)
Option② August 4, 2019 (Sun) - August 11, 2019 (Sun) (8 days)
We invite you to join the 2019 ACE (Academic and Cultural Experience) Program, an exciting and unique study abroad experience at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU), an international university in Beppu, Japan. The program is conducted entirely in English. High school students grade 10 and above at the time of this program are welcome to apply. We are holding the program twice this year, and you can choose Option① or Option② based on your availability.
As a participant in this program, you will engage in workshops and group work focused on the themes of language and culture while being fully immersed in APU’s diverse environment. Through these activities, you will develop your multicultural understanding and intercultural communication skills. This program also includes a homestay and other activities with the local community, where you will experience authentic traditions and the hospitality of Oita Prefecture.
Participating in the ACE Program will allow you to make friends with people from other countries, while learning about the language and culture. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
- Spend a week at Japan's most multicultural university
- Learn about Japanese culture and language
- Experience college life
- Engage in workshops and group work
- Interact with APU students
- Enjoy a homestay in the local community
PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE INTERESTED IN:
- Pursuing an international career in the future
- Collaborating with students from different countries, cultures and backgrounds
- Studying abroad as a university student
- Japanese traditions and culture
Option① June 30, 2019 (Sun) – July 7, 2019 (Sun)
Option② August 4, 2019 (Sun) - August 11, 2019 (Sun)
Applicants must be high school students between grade 10 and above at the time of this program.
RECOMMENDED LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY*:
The program is conducted entirely in English therefore it is recommended that applicants who are non-native English speakers have a level of English proficiency equivalent to one of the following:
- TOEFL®iBT Test: 61 or above
- TOEFL®PBT Test: 500 or above
- TOEFL®ITP Test: 500 or above
- IELTS: 5.5 or above
- TOEIC: 700 or above
- * You do not need to submit any English tests scores to apply. These numbers are only for your reference.
40 students (20 minimum) from around the world
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) and other locations around Oita Prefecture, Japan
Five nights in AP House (APU’s on-campus dormitory) in a shared room with up to eight people and two nights at a homestay.
- 100,000 JPY (Flights to and from Japan not included)
Program fee includes:
- Round-trip transportation between Fukuoka International Airport or Oita Airport and APU.
- Travel within Japan over the duration of the program
- Accommodation costs during the program, including the homestay fee
- Three meals per day (from lunch on the first day to breakfast on the last day)
- Travel insurance (You will be covered only while you are in Japan for the duration of the program. Therefore, you will NOT be covered on your way from your country to Japan or after the program).
Other expenses not listed in the above items will be the responsibility of each participant.
APU does not provide any scholarships for this program.
ITINERARY (subject to change):
*Because APU admissions office staff and APU students will guide the ACE participants through the program from arrival to departure, your own chaperon is not necessary.
Arrival and check in to AP House
|Day 5||Spend time with host families|
Shopping in Oita City
HOW TO APPLY:
1. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS AND PROCESS
Application Deadline: Friday, March 8, 2019
Note: We must receive your documents through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by this date.
- 1. APU Academic and Cultural Experience (ACE) Program Application Form: PDF / Word File
- 2. Signed Participation Terms
- 3. One Photo (for identification purposes)
4. Copy of Passport (photo page)*1
*1 Your passport must have at least six months of validity remaining from the day you will enter Japan. Even if you do not yet possess a passport, you are still eligible to apply. However, once you are selected to be an ACE participant, you will be asked to apply for one as early as possible.
5. Scanned Copy of the Academic Transcript from Your Current School (All available transcripts from every year/semester you attended high school)*2
*2 Please use your school’s official form and get it signed by the principal and/or stamped with an official school seal. An official signed and dated translation must also be included for any documents that are submitted in a language other than English.
2. SCREENING AND RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT
The results will be announced on Friday, March 29, 2019 by email.
3. PROGRAM FEE PAYMENT
The program fee must be paid by wire transfer by the date below. Detailed information on how to complete the payment will be sent with your screening result.
Program fee: 100,000 JPY (Flights to and from Japan not included)
*APU does not provide any scholarships for this program.
Payment Deadline: Friday, Apr 19, 2019
4. APPLYING FOR A VISA (if applicable)
After receiving your program payment, APU will send additional documents by post to participants who need to apply for a visa to enter Japan. Once you receive the documents, please apply for the visa at your nearest Japanese embassy or consulate.
If you are a resident of Viet Nam, Indonesia, Thailand, China, Taiwan or Korea, please contact your local APU office. For all other interested students, please contact APU directly if you have any questions about the ACE Program.
Admissions Office (International) "APU 2018 ACE Program"
1-1 Jumonjibaru Beppu, Oita 874-8577 Japan
Email: email@example.com / Tel: +81-977-78-1119
China Ritsumeikan Liaison Office –Shanghai Jiaotong UniversityD, 18F Sun Tong Infoport Plaza, No. 55, Huaihai West Rd,
Shanghai City 200030, China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +86-21-6283-5104
Indonesia APU Indonesia Information CenterC/O MARQUEE, Mayapada Tower I,
11th Floor, Jl.Jend. Sudirman Kav. 28,
Jakarta 12920, Indonesia
Email: email@example.com / Tel: +62-21-5289 7328 / 7392
Korea APU Korea Office#608, Halla Classic Officetel 6th Floor, 23 Gangnam Daero 84 Gil,
Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-934 Korea
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +82-2-564-3425/3426
Thailand APU Thailand Office1015 Room, 10th Floor, Serm-mit Tower,
159/16 Soi Asoke,
Sukhumvit 21 Road, Wattana, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Email: email@example.com / Tel: +66-2-665-7145
Viet Nam (Hanoi) APU Viet Nam Office1st Floor, No A31D11, Alley 66/1, Lane 84, Tran Thai Tong Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Viet Nam
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +84-24-32-000-619
Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh) APU Viet Nam Office238/2B Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Email: email@example.com / Tel: +84-28-39-30-6432
Taiwan APU Taiwan OfficeC/O MIBC, F10F, NO.209, Sec. 1, Civic Blvd, Datong Dist, Taipei City 103
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +886-2-2181-1666