2023 Online ACE Program
2023 Online Academic and Cultural Experience (ACE) Program
Are you looking for an exciting and unique study abroad experience in Japan? Join us for the APU Academic and Cultural Experience (ACE) Program this summer! The event will be held online this year, allowing you to discover Japan and connect with students around the globe from the comfort of your own home! What's more, it’s free to attend and, we have increased the number of participants allowed for this year, which means you will be able to make even more friends from even more diverse backgrounds!
The ACE Program is designed and hosted by Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU). Participation is open to high school students in grade 10 and above at the time of the program.
You can look forward to:
- Making new friends from all over the world (students from over 30 countries have participated in previous ACE programs).
- Improving your intercultural communication skills.
- Discovering Japanese language and culture.
- Taking part in university-level workshops and group work.
- Receiving a certificate for attending APU's most popular pre-enrollment camp!
Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
DATES AND TIME:
|Dates:||August 5 (Sat) – August 6 (Sun)|
Day 01: 16:00-21:30*
Day 02: 14:30-22:00*
*Japan Standard Time
200 students from around the world
Zoom (further details will be sent to successful applicants)
Free of charge
DAY 01: Saturday, August 5
(Get to know about the university, student life, Beppu city, and more)
Lecture 1: Culture & Global Citizens
(The contribution & value of diversity in our global existence)
Lecture 2: Developing Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Part I
(Building self-awareness & understanding the value of cultural influences in society)
(Let’s get to know each other more!)
DAY 02: Sunday, August 6
|14:30-15:30||Online Live Campus Tour*
|16:00-17:00||Japanese Culture Workshop|
Lecture 3: Developing Cultural Intelligence (CQ) Part II
(Cultivating your CQ, making connections and building relationships)
Lecture 4: Towards Global Citizenship
(Leveraging the power of diversity and co-existing peacefully with others)
- Please be sure to use a computer to join the program as the above sessions are not suited for phones or tablets.
- Participants are required to keep their camera on throughout the sessions.
- The above schedule is subject to change. Accepted participants will be notified of any changes via email.
Participants in this event can receive a certificate which they can use to supplement their extracurricular activities when applying to APU. You can get one too! In order to receive the Certificate of Completion, you must attend the welcome session, the farewell session, and all four workshops. Your participation for a session will only be valid if you attend it for the full 90 minutes.
The Certificate of Completion will ONLY be given to participants who have at the very least attended all six of the aforementioned sessions, and answered the surveys shared during the sessions. Exemptions will not be made for participants who need to attend to urgent issues on the day of, experienced technical issues such as internet connectivity, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: 75
- TOEIC L&R: 750
- EIKEN: Grade Pre-1
- Cambridge English Language Assessment: 169
- PTE Academic: 50
- Click here to take the test
- All applicants including native English speakers are required to take this free online test and submit a test score.
- Exam duration is 50 minutes: Reading (25 mins) and Listening (25 mins)
- There is no minimum score required to apply for the program.
- After completing the test, enter your test score (1-100) and certificate URL (efset.org/cert/XXXXXX) in the online application form. Please make sure to double check if your URL is valid.
- Please be sure that you use the same name for your EF SET test and your ACE application so that we can verify your score.
- Native English speakers and non-native speakers will be evaluated separately. Slots will be allocated based on the number of applications per category.
- Use the application link above.
2023 APU ACE Terms and Conditions
Please read the above document and if you agree, indicate in the online application form.
- After completing step 1, a confirmation page automatically appears. To start steps 2 and 3, please click the link on the page. Or you can use the link in the confirmation email you will receive after completing step 1.
- When you click on the link for steps 2 and 3, a camera access notification will appear, make sure to click "Allow" in order to complete your recording. This recording must be completed on a desktop or laptop computer.
- The critical thinking test has 7 questions and takes approximately 15 minutes.
|APPLICATION LINK:||APPLY HERE!
Before you start your application, please make sure to read through the instructions below.
|APPLICATION PERIOD:||May 18 - June 15, 2023 (23:59 Japan Standard Time)|
|RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT:||July 6, 2023 via email
We will let you know if you have been accepted into the program, and if so, which sessions you have been approved to attend.
|ELIGIBILITY:||In order to apply for this program, you must be a high school student in grade 10 or above at the time of the program. You may also apply if you recently graduated from high school (within the past 3 years) and are NOT currently enrolled at a university. Prospective transfer students are not eligible to apply.
The program is conducted entirely in English therefore it is recommended that applicants who are non-native English speakers have a level of English proficiency equivalent to one of the following*:
Before starting your ACE application:
Take the 50-minute EF SET test
Step 1: Enter your application information
If you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to get in touch with the APU Office of International Admissions at [email protected]